The email address to write and send the material is email@example.com
Delivery of texts
The texts must be delivered in digital format (Word compatible), in the final version and complete with notes, bibliography, captions and appendices. Use automatic numbering for footnotes. We also recommend numbering all titles and subtitles, to facilitate our layout work. Contact us in advance to obtain the editorial rules to follow. The texts must have footnotes with automatic numbering.
If you need to provide camera ready publications, please contact us in advance to agree on the software version, graphic design and editorial rules to be used. In any case, both the pdf files with characteristics suitable for printing and the package of source files (assembly, attachments, fonts) must be delivered.
Delivery of illustrations
Illustrations must be delivered in digital format. Name the files to make them easily identifiable; use the same numbering as the captions. Indicate the scale in the captions of the relics tables or insert a metric scale. For plants, insert a metric scale in the drawing. Captions must be delivered in a separate file in compatible Word format.
- Photos, drawings, graphics - color file; tiff format (comp. zip, lzw or jpg), psd or jpeg quality 12; minimum resolution 300 dpi at print size.
- Photos, drawings, graphics - grayscale files; tiff format (comp. zip, lzw or jpg), psd or jpeg quality 12; minimum resolution 400 dpi at print size.
- Line drawings - bitmap file, tiff format (comp. zip, lzw or jpg) or psd, minimum resolution 800 dpi at the print size; grayscale file; tiff, psd or jpeg format quality 12; minimum resolution 400 dpi at print size.
- Vector images - file in the original or pdf format, indicate the program used.
- Table - file in the original or pdf format, indicate the program used.
Delivery of corrections
Limit corrections to what is strictly necessary. Replacements or additions will be charged at the cost of processing.
We usually send the drafts in pdf format, accompanied by an e-mail with instructions and any indications: read carefully.
For the correction you have to use Acrobat Reader proofing tools (free Adobe software - download it at this link: https://acrobat.adobe.com/it/it/acrobat/pdf-reader.html); the signs must be used correctly and uniformly, without duplicating the reference signs.
Or you can print the pdf, make corrections on the paper draft, then attach the scan to an e-mail; if the corrections are few (2-3) you can communicate them to us via e-mail by communicating the page, column, row to be corrected, incorrect text and corrected text.
These are the standard marks for making corrections on paper: the marks of the corrector.
- Glossary of printing and prepress
- The specific editorial rules for periodicals, series and monographs