The excavation of the current Piazza Marconi has highlighted three horizons with absolute chronologies (from the most recent age to the oldest): the construction of the underground car park and its restyling completed in 2011; the demolition of the Convent of Sant'Angelo and the neighboring medieval blocks between 1925 and 1936 for the construction of the Palazzo dell'Arte with the square in front and the devastation of the city by Vespasian's troops in October 69 AD. lines, the investigated space has seen three changes of use: from the second half of the second century. BC to the sixth century. AD (from phase II to IX) it was a residential district with some areas dedicated to small productive or commercial activities; from the seventh century. AD to the nineteenth century. (from phase IX to XI) it was essentially occupied by buildings and areas of a religious nature (churches, convents and cemeteries) and from 1936 to the present day (from phase XII to XIII) by public buildings: Palazzo dell'Arte, which became in 2011 the Violin Museum, the public square with the market and the parking lot. Financial reasons have imposed a limitation on the full publication of the excavation so that only the deposits until the early Middle Ages were treated. Until now, historical and archaeological literature has proposed, frequently in an intuitive way, theories that were the result of reasoning based on some information from ancient sources. The hard work of the scholars has allowed an unprecedented historical reconstruction, filling in some cases the gaps that did not allow to understand the "living" of the Cremonese citizen in such distant times.